three treasures*




Arhats where many
one of them was Buddha*
to show us the path

learning a lifetime
unavoidable Dharma*
to reach knowledge

are the only ones
follower amidst Sangha*
to attain wisdom


morgentau © dawndew



An image came to my mind of a vast lightless void many miles deep. I was suspended in the middle of the void in a harness, attached to a rope. Someone was pulling the rope up through a circle of light high above me. It was the only source of light.

The person pulling is Buddha*, who is trying to release me from the dangers of samara. The rope is Dharma*, the actual means of escape. The harness is Sangha*, who keeps me securely attached to the Dharma.

I understood how precarious my situation is, and how I have to put my complete trust in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha to escape samsara. I focused on this feeling of trust and reliance on the three Jewels* for the rest of the meditation.

Vide Kadampa

Comments